MUSEUM OF NATIONAL ARCHIVES OF INDIA BRIEF OF ITEMS DISPLAYED IN ORIGINAL
- Parwana of Ala Khan in Persian dated 19 October 1352 (Oldest document on paper in National Archives of India).
- Farman of Humayun, 16th December 1539.
- Hukm of Nurjahan, 1625.
- Treaty between Great Britain and the Netherlands (English and Dutch), 17th March 1824.
- Treaty between the British Indian Government and Sultan of Muscat (Arabic and English), 19th January 1865.
- Letter of Tipu Sultan to Nawab of Arcot having Sultan autograph.
- Parwana of Itibar al-Daulah, 22 January 1758.
- Sanad issued by East India Company to Maharaja Dalip Singh on the confiscation of his rights and presentation of Koh-I-Noor, 28th March 1849.
- Petition to Lord Cornwallis for establishing Orphan Home and other welfare measures at Calcutta (Bengal), 1787.
- Persian version of above.
- Nikahnama dated 8th March 1886 certifying the marriage of Mirza Usman Beg with Akbar Begam.
- Documents in various languages (Left to Right) :
4. Persian and Marathi
- Qasida of Ghalib in praise of Lord Harding I by Mirza Asad Allah Khan Ghalib.
- Proposed Plan of the Masoleum of Bahadur Shah Zafar at Rangoon.
- Share Certificates of Delhi Cotton Mills, 1889.
- Letter to Secretary of N.W.P., 7th December 1843 for the import of tea.
- Apparatus used in the manufacture of tea at Kumaon.
- List of implements required for manufacturing of Green Tea.
- Bengal Smoke Nuisance Bill 1904.
- Rules for cutting Timber in the Government forests.
- Treaty amongst East India Company, Peshwa Madhav Rao and Nizam, Nawab Mir Nizam Ali, 1 June, 1790.
- Treaty between East India Company and Siam establishing trade relations 20 June 1826.
- Treaty of peace and unity between East India Company and Maharaja Daulat Rao Sindhia, 22nd November 1805.
- Execution of Mangal Pandey, an event which led to the Great Uprising of 1857.
- Genealogical tree of Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi.
- Indigenous Dyeing.
- Jam-I-Jahan Numa (Persian Urdu)
- Padhiti Siksha
- Bal bodhani
- Nilmat Puran
- Shahnama of Firdausi composed in 1010 A.D. transcribed in 1653 A.D. (Persian).
- Ain-I-Akbari (Persian), 27 April 1824 A.D.
- Sanskrit Lotus Sutra Manuscript from the National Archives of Nepal (photocopy).
- Razm Nama: Persian translation of Mahabharat, 1582 A.D.
- Dictionary in eight languages.
- Lanka Kand of Ramayan on Bamboo leaf (Bengali).
- Bhagwad Gita.
- Letter of Raja Khalifa of Bencoolin (Malay).
- Letter of congratulation on the coronation of Nawab Hamid Ali Khan of Rampur.
- Seals of :
1. Maharaja Ranjit Singh
2. Maharaja Dalip Singh
- Kharita with letter and seal.
- Treaty between Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Shah Shuja and East India Company.
- Mahrut Chakrika.
- Religious Seal of Bohra Community.