Board Of Studies
Board of Studies, an Advisory Body of school of Archival Studies is appointed by the Director General of Archives, to examine the courses contents of the new curriculum taking into account the latest modern archival trends and training needs of the archival institutions in India and abroad. The Board of Studies comprises of eminent persons in the various disciplines of Archival Science to give guidance to school in the various disciplines of Archival Science to give guidance to school in academic matters.
The present composition of the Board of Studies is:
- Director General of Archives - Chairman(Ex officio)
- Expert in Business Archives/Professional Archivist - Member
- Professor/Professional belonging To the Field of Information Technology - Member
- Professor of History/Historian in a University/Organization - Member
- Professor of Library Science/Librarian in a University/Organization -Member
- Director of one State Archives - Member
- Deputy director of Archives/ Asst. Director Of Archives/ Concerned with SAS - Member Secretary
The term of the members of the Board is of two years.In the event of any vacancy either due to resignation, retirement or death etc.person in the respective field of study will be appointed by the Director General of Archives. Members will also be eligible for appointment for subsequent terms.