§ Appraisal and Transfer of Public Records from Ministries/Deptts./Offices
· Research & Reference & Access to Scholars
· Out-Reach Programmes- Organizing Exhibitions, Seminars, Lecture-Series, Work-shops etc.
· Supervision, management and control of the Archives.
· Acceptance for deposit of public records of permanent, nature after such period as may be prescribed;
· Custody, use and withdrawal of public records;
· Arrangement, preservation and exhibition of public records;
· Preparation of inventories, indices, catalogues and other reference media of public records;
· Analyzing, developing, promoting and coordinating the standards, procedures and the techniques for improvement of the records management system
· Ensuring the maintenance, arrangement and security of public records in the Archives and in the offices of the records creating agency;
· Promoting utilization of available space and maintenance of equipments for preserving public records;
· Tendering advice to records creating agencies on the compilation, classification and disposal of records and application of standards, procedures and techniques of records management;
· Survey and inspection of public records;
· Organizing training programmes in various disciplines of Archives administration and records management;
· Accepting records from any private source;
· Regulating access to public records;
· Receiving records from diluent bodies and making arrangement for securing public records in the event of national emergency;
· Receiving reports on records management and disposal practices from the records officer;
· Providing authenticated copies of, or extracts from, public records;
· Destroying or disposal of public records;
· Obtaining on lease or purchasing or accepting as gift any document of historical or national importance.